Thursday 17 November 2011

WSIFITS: Evil Dead 4 and wrong dvds.

Earlier this year I bought a set of four DVDs for a pound, which I assumed would all be awful except one of them was The Shawshank Redemption aka the highest voted film on imdb, read more here. However, at the time I didn’t realise what else was in the set. But I’ve just found out something about one of the other films.

Witchcraft is a horror movie starring a grown up little girl from The Exorcist and a sex crazed David Hasselhoff. Now that might already sound weird enough, but the original title of the film was La Casa 4. That’s because it was originally released in Italy. Now, when released in UK and the US it was called Witchcraft and wasn’t credited as any kind of sequel, it doesn’t have any connection with the previous La Casa films. And do you know how I know that? It’s not that I went out looking for an obscure Italian horror series, oh no. It’s that the first two La Casas were actually just retitled Evil Dead movies. Not changed in any way, well dubbed into Italian, but the exact same movies as we had. And due to the popularity of those films, the Italians just decided to name any old movie La Casa 3, 4 and 5 to make more money because people thought it was a sequel to Evil Dead. So basically I have an unofficial sequel to Evil Dead starring David Hasselhoff. What the actual fuck.

Ok. Last thing. I promise, and I’ll try to keep it brief. Well, basically the DVDs on the cover aren’t the DVDs in the case. It does have Shawshank and Evil Dead 4. However the other disc doesn’t have Shivers and Final Scream. No, instead of two horror movies we instead have a romance drama with a you Russell Crowe and a romantic comedy. I’m not going to watch these. It doesn’t hugely upset me, because watching the two it said wasn’t going to be my greatest moment, but it is a bit weird. Was it the publisher, the guy who handed the DVDs to Cash Generator or the guy in Cash Generator got confused and gave me the wrong discs? I don’t know, or very much care. All I know is I don’t watch romance, so this DVD set is over. I’m annoyed, I spend £1 on this. I deserve 50p back for false advertising.
I discussed this on the podcast, but this was already written, so here's it again.

1 comment:

  1. The link in the first paragraph is broke, so allow me to offer it here.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111161/

    ReplyDelete