Tuesday 22 February 2011

Buses... You Annoy Me.

Something that always seems to find a way to annoy me is the buses in Dundee. They've always been late. I've come to accept that fact. However they're roughly late by the same amount everytime, so you can roughly predict when they're gonna arrive. When if you're sad and get far too many buses like me. The thing that annoys me is the fact they feel the need to change the timetable every few months and ruin all my hard work. It'd be like if you were suddenly told the 2 times table was now 2x anything and add 1. It doesnt make sense and is very annoying, but it's not particularly difficult to work out so you don't really have any reaswon to complain. Well no legitamite reason people would listen to and not think you were just a grumpy old fucker.
Recently however my favourite bus company, Travel Dundee (only my favourite because they put a bus stop right outside my house) have decided to mix up their buses entirely. They've kept my best bus, the 9X, but weirdly changed it's name to the 5A or 5B. I've not managed to work out why yet, except to make the machine that tell you bus times call it a fivah or a five billion. I doubt anyone in the council are that childish though. They seem too dull to have thought about it. Anyway, the main problem I have with the new bus schedule is that all the buses only run in one direction. I dont know if it's clockwise or anticlockwise, I live in Dundee not a giant circle. But this means I can no longer get the bus to the cinema. It upsets me. I suppose I could walk, but a nice 40 minute jog through Douglas is hardly my favourite option, especially in winter. Or I could get the bus into town and get another one to the odeon from there... but they've put the bus prices up by about 50p. So thats out of the question. I shouldnt complain. It's mainly my own fault for being lazy and cheap. But I feel like a kid who's parents have taken away one of it's toys. Not it's favourite toy. They probably thought I didnt like it because I only played with it about twice a month. But now it's gone I miss it, and I want it back so I can ignore it until I need it again. I'm such a user. Of buses.



Just on another bus note. I've recently been having trouble getting on for a student fare. I've shown them my student card, but they claim I can't use it and tell me to pay adult fare. Everytime this happens I feel furious and cheated. I have a card, I have the right of cheap buses! But then again my card looks like this:

(ps. If you can read the information on the card, please feel free to steal my identity/stalk me. But be aware it gives away less than my facebook page, due to the lack of photo. Well unless I actually look like that and I havent noticed. That'd be... worrying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment