Sunday 15 May 2011

Whatever happened to the 30 day challenge?

I started a 30 day challenge recently. But I gave up after about 8 days. I doubt anyone missed it hugely, but I thought I’d better explain where it went. I don’t like to upload more than one thing a day. Or even one thing every 2 days. Because if I write lots and lots of things people can’t be bothered reading them all and what’s the point in me writing all my stuff if people don’t read it? So with all my other things I wanted to do, like the Doctor Who reviews, I would need to keep putting off the challenge to another day. And I can’t be bothered with that. I’m a lazy guy, and I don’t wanted to keep doing it for months. But what if people actually wanted to hear what I had to say for each day? Well then, here’s the quick version of the rest of the days.

Number 9 - How you hope your future will be like
This is the same question as the second day. Recycling questions already and we’re only on day 9? Not a good sign.



Number 10 - Discuss your first love and first kiss
First love, myself, that’s still going pretty well. First kiss, on a school trip got dared to kiss a girl, does that count? If not, then I don’t know. I don’t really remember shite like that. I keep my memory for important things, like what yoghurt I had when I was 8.


Number 11 - Put your iPod on shuffle and write 10 songs that pop up.
I’ve lost my iPod, due to me not having iTunes. Apple hate me.
UPDATE. I have found my iPod. So:
1. 5iliconeater – Calvin Harris
2. Storm In A Teacup - RHCP
3. Gimme Gimme – ABBA (don’t judge me)
4. Out of Orbit - Comatoast
5. Little Angel – Hard-Fi
6. I Talk Too Much – Just Jack
7. Livin Da Vida Loca – Ricky Martin
8. I’m Comin’ – Will Smith
9. Roseability - Idlewild
10. Sexual Healing (Original AvR Mix) – Alibi vs Rockafella


Number 12 - Bullet your whole day
That seems a bit violent for me.


Number 13 - Somewhere you’d like to move or visit
Somewhere I’d like to move? I can’t move places, I’m not superman. He moved the whole moon once.


Number 14 - Your earliest memory
Eating yoghurt. See above.


Number 15 - Your favourite tumblrs.
None. Tumblr is a terrible waste of time. On here I think of good ideas, then take in writing things, if I was on there I could just post a picture everyone’s already seen, and no-one would complain. Some of my friends have tumblrs. They disgust me.


Number 16 - Your views on mainstream music.
I like just out of mainstream music. Like the music everyone’s heard, but no-one seems to admit to buying. I’ve never had a problem with mainstream music as a concept, but some of the things which are popular are the worse pieces of shite out. So views are mixed but a bit negative.


Number 17 - Your highs and lows of this past year
High – Being held by Ruari Waugh.
Low – Because I was being sick at the time.


Number 18 - Your beliefs
Another recycled question. This day 4. Religion and beliefs are very different in real life, but in a quiz like this, you’d talk about your beliefs on day 4.


Number 19 - Disrespecting parents
This is not a question in any way. It doesn’t ask what I think of that, or if I do it. Or even whether it means me disrespecting parents or parents disrespecting me. So due to lack of clarity I refuse to answer.


Number 20 - How important you think education is.
I think it’s good to have one, but as someone who left school, it’s not the most important thing in life. I’ve not been called to used any of the stuff I learnt in school since I left, except to sound smart. Qualifications get you jobs, but aren’t practically useful.


Number 21 - One of your favourite shows.
Doctor Who. I know it’s geeky. But I love it. It’s probably the only thing I watched as a kid I still watch and it’s still as good. This means I’m allowed to say “I LIKED IT BEFORE IT WAS POPULAR!” But I don’t think I will.


Number 22 - How have you changed in the past 2 years?
I have less hair, but more of a beard? I’m more productive, but less well behaved. I like to think I’m funnier. But that probably ain’t true.


Number 23 - 5 guys who are famous who you find attractive.
I feel this might be a question for girls. In fact I’m starting to think this whole 30 day challenge was designed for little 13 year olds who think they’re smart by doing it. Which means I’ve been suckered in to a blog version of twilight. I’m going to ignore that thought, it’s too horrible to contemplate.


Number 24 - Your favourite movie and what it’s about.
I’m not going to tell my
favourite. I’ve seen a lot of films, and if I start having a favourite that means I have to compare every film I watch to it. And nothing would hold up. I mean, I love Men In Black 2 more than Shawshank Redemption, even though the latter is clearly a better film. If I think about it too much it’ll make me look about all the flaws of MIB II. Then I won’t enjoy it as much. So I don’t have a favourite.


Number 25 - Someone who fascinates you and why.
People with total amnesia. I understand how you could forget part of your life, or slowly forget everything as you get old. But it really fascinates me how you could just forget everything, including your name, in an instant. What happens to the old you? Have they died? I don’t know it just interests me.


Number 26 - What kind of person attracts you and why.
Bored now, so short answers.


Number 27 - A problem that you have had.
Lots. Who cares though, lets move on.


Number 28 - Something that you miss.
My holiday to Switzerland. It was fun


Number 29 - Goals for the next 30 days.
Never do anything like this again. Keep in work. Write more because I enjoy it. Watch my dvds. Have fun in parties.


Number 30 - Your highs and lows of this month.
Lows – When blogger broke. When I couldn’t watch Grindhouse.
Highs – Now. Because I never have to see this challenge again
J

No comments:

Post a Comment