Saturday 7 May 2011

More Robocop TV

I don't know why I watch so much Robocop. It just seems to get worse and worse and annoys me more and more, but sometimes something good turns up.

ROBOCOP: THE SERIES - EPISODE 2 (Prime Suspect)
After the pilot episode I thought there might be a drop in quality, but in fact it’s actually got better. The acting’s actually got better, it’s less cheesy now. It’s still as well made and shot, and this time the story’s actually pretty good.

There’s a religious nut who’s got a whole crew together to protest against Rob, which is a pretty interesting idea, what the church would think of a cyborg brought back from the dead. But the priest gets killed by Rob’s gun and he has to go on the run, which happens in practically every piece of Robocop media. Whole set of things happen and it turns out the inventor of Rob’s gun had a prototype which he used to kill the priest because he was making it unlikely there would be more Robocops made.

That’s the main plot, and I really enjoyed it. It’s improved on the pilot episode and now I’m actually annoyed I only have those two episodes of the show, because it’s really got me in the mood to watch more. It’s not perfect, but it’s better than I ever expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment