Thursday 22 December 2011

Oh Mariah. Just stop.


So annual Mariah slamming time. Not in that way, you dirty boy. Almost brings the blog full circle. I recently heard the new version of “All I Want For Christmas”. Featuring Justin Bieber. Now while this wasn’t as personally as offensive as Auld Lang Syne, it was just generally offensive by the lack of quality.

Now, the video has two major flaws, one it’s huge lack of originality, really, a chick dressed as Santa in a store, even Destiny’s Child did that. And it’s disconnect with the song. The song says all she wants is her baby and while that’s happening we see Justin looking at some Nintendo 3DS’s. Nice way to stick to the meaning there. Oh and there’s the problem with both the video and the song, that Justin Bieber and Mariah Carey are singing a love song to each other, that’s just creepy, she’s old enough to be his mother.

And of course the main flaw. Justin Bieber. Now, I don’t like to admit it, because I really dislike Mariah’s music in general, but I quite like “All I Want For Christmas”. So her bits in this version are roughly the same. But then we get Bieber coming in. He sounds autotuned, but he still is out of tune, I don’t even know how that’s possible. He gets the whole rhythm of the song wrong and doesn’t have nearly enough talent to match Mariah’s singing. He just ruins a good song. So yeah. It’s shit, try to avoid, but it’s not as bad as Auld Lang Syne. I ain’t over that.


And no-one leave a comment about Bieber’s Christmas album, I know about it, I’m trying to ignore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment